The Kristine K. Murray Child Life Award recognizes an exceptional child life specialist who demonstrates exemplary care and clinical skill with children in a procedural sedation environment and who actively contributes to the field of pediatric sedation through multidisciplinary collaboration. The recipient is awarded with complimentary SPS Annual Conference registration and a hotel room for 3 nights at the host hotel, plus a $750 travel stipend.
Criteria for nomination:
- Certification as a Child Life Specialist
- Active participation in pediatric procedural sedation clinical care, modeling exemplary practice in safe, high quality child life care
- Leadership in promoting the core concepts of patient and family centered care in the procedural sedation environment
- Mentorship and education of other child life specialists and other disciplines in best practices for pediatric sedation care
- Active involvement in development and incorporation of evidence-based practice in pediatric sedation care
- Current membership and active participation in the Society for Pediatric Sedation
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 Kristine K. Murray Child Life Award.
Nomination Form requires member log in
Deadline January 5, 2018
Notification of selection by January 26, 2018
|2017||Laura Mitchell, CCLS|
|2016||Kristine K. Murray, CCLS|