Pediatric Sedation Listserv Information and Guidelines
Thank you for participating in the Pediatric Sedation Listserv. This listserv is sponsored by the Society for Pediatric Sedation® (SPS) and is intended to cover all topics pertinent to the practice of sedating pediatric patients and encourages the participation of all types of medical providers and persons interested in improving the sedation of children. The ultimate goal of this list is to improve sedation practice. To ensure the best possible experience for all listserv members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this e-mail list, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this discussion group. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the list manager noted in your welcome instructions. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and beneficial dialogue, SPS reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- To Post a Message, address your email to email@example.com.
You must be subscribed to the listserv in order to post.
- Subscribe to or change your setting to the listserv
- Access the archives
- Do not attack others. “Personal reflections” upon other members, no matter how serious their differences over policy questions, is prohibited. Common courtesy and respect, which excludes personal attacks or criticism, must be observed. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention.
- Do not post commercial messages on any listserv. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a Listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list. Remember that SPS and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this Listserv.
- Do not use delivery receipts, non- delivery notices, and vacation notices because they are not totally standardized across the range of systems connected to Internet mail.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- While the Society cannot be held responsible if a virus is sent to the Listserv(s), we will not allow post attachments, because of virus concerns. If you have a document, you would like to share, please post it on the web, and provide the web address or contact the society about including it on the website, www.pedsedation.org.
- The goal of the listserv and of the Society is to improve the practice of pediatric sedation. However, the listserv is not intended to be used to advertise meetings, conferences, products or educational activities unless approved for distribution by the SPS.
If you would like the society to disseminate information about any of these activities please submit the information to the Executive Director of the Society.
- Please be aware of copyright rules. Using or publishing the work of another party without express written permission from that party involves a risk of being sued for copyright infringement. You may quote a portion or take an excerpt of someone else’s work in order to review or criticize it. You may not use the full text of an article but can paste a link to the work where originally posted.
- The listserv is provided is a service of the Society for Pediatric Sedation® (SPS). The SPS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. SPS disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by SPS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall SPS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, or copyright infringement arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site by members.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants SPS and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- SPS does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and on its own do not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to SPS’s attention, SPS will take all appropriate action. The society reserves the right to delete material from the Listserv(s) for any reason it, in its sole discretion, deems sufficient.
- In the event that the society determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of these rules, or have otherwise demonstrated conduct inappropriate for the listserv, the society reserves the right to:
- warn you via e-mail that you have violated these rules;
- delete any or all content provided by you from the listserv(s);
- deny you access to the listserv(s), and/or
- take any other action that SPS deems to be appropriate.
SPS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.