The Kristine K. Murray Child Life Award recognizes an exceptional child life specialist who demonstrates exemplary care and clinical skill with children in a procedural sedation environment and who actively contributes to the field of pediatric sedation through multidisciplinary collaboration. The recipient is awarded with complimentary SPS Annual Conference registration and a hotel room for 3 nights at the host hotel, plus a $750 travel stipend.
Criteria for nomination:
- Certification as a Child Life Specialist
- Active participation in pediatric procedural sedation clinical care, modeling exemplary practice in safe, high quality child life care
- Leadership in promoting the core concepts of patient and family centered care in the procedural sedation environment
- Mentorship and education of other child life specialists and other disciplines in best practices for pediatric sedation care
- Active involvement in development and incorporation of evidence-based practice in pediatric sedation care
- Current membership and active participation in the Society for Pediatric Sedation®
Nominations for 2019 are now closed.
|2018||Jeff Dettore, CCLS|
|2017||Laura Mitchell, CCLS|
|2016||Kristine K. Murray, CCLS|